Updates From the International HIV Controllers Study
- AIDS: Genetic Clues from HIV Elite Controllers Could Lead to Better Vaccines, Cancer Treatments - Scientific American
- Collaboration, Philanthropy, and Volunteerism Speed Research -
Ragon Insitute of MGH, MIT and Harvard
- Getting a Firm Grasp on HIV Control - Broad Insitute of Harvard and MIT
- Small protein changes may make big difference in natural HIV control - MGH Press Release, November 4, 2010.
- Mass. General gets $100M Gift. The Harvard Crimson. February 5, 2009.
- Alum's $100 million gift targets AIDS vaccine. MIT Press Release. February 4, 2009.
- Mass General, MIT and Harvard launch innovative effort to search for AIDS vaccine. MGH Press Release. February 4, 2009.
- Mass. General Hospital receives Gates Foundation grant to expand HIV controllers study. MGH Press Release. March 04, 2008.
- Second pathway behind HIV-associated immune system dysfunction identified. MGH Press Release. September 30, 2007.
- The first phase of the HIV Controllers Genome Wide Association Study has begun; 600 HIV controllers are included in this phase.
- The International HIV Controllers Study has established a scientific collaboration with the AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG).
- Researchers seek to solve mystery of natural HIV control. MGH Press Release. August 16, 2006.
The International HIV Controllers Study on the News
- Mystery of AIDS immunity may be solved – The Independent (U.K.), November 5, 2010
- Protein Differences May Explain Long-Term HIV Control - Businessweek, November 5, 2010
- Genetic Analysis Shows What it Takes to Control HIV Naturally - HHMI News, November 5, 2010
- Key to Long -Term Survival with HIV/AIDS Discovered – Voice of America, November 5, 2010
Immune gene variants help stop HIV – Science News, November 5, 2010
- HIV immunity is all in the amino acids - Nature News, November 5, 2010
- The Lucky Genetic Variants That Protect Some People From HIV – National Public Radio, November 5, 2010
- Genetic study shows how HIV controllers get their groove – Discover, November 5, 2010
- In people immune to AIDS, team finds a crucial genetic clue - Boston Globe, November 4, 2010
- Truro man makes unique contribution towards AIDS research Wicked Local Wellfleet. November 28, 2009.
- For First Time, AIDS Vaccine Shows Some Success New York Times. September 24, 2009.
- Fresh targets give hope for HIV vaccine Nature. September 3, 2009.
- Why Do Some With HIV Not Get AIDS? Washington Post. July 7, 2009.
- Global view on AIDS drives labs. The Boston Globe. February 17,2009.
- $100m gift bolsters AIDS fight. The Boston Globe. Febrauary 4, 2009.
- Drug-free Miracle Man Beating HIV. The Australian. May 1, 2008.
- Underreported: New Hopes for Treating HIV/AIDS. New York Public Radio. October 18, 2007.
- TV legend’s gay lover in HIV vaccine study. The Sydney Morning Herald. June 10, 2007.